The slitting line is also called slitting unit, slitting machine, strip cutting machine, and shears. It is mainly used for slitting and cutting coil materials such as tinplate, galvanized iron, silicon steel sheet, cold rolled steel strip,
stainless steel strip, aluminum strip, and steel strip. It cuts metal coils into strips of various widths, and then harvests the strips into small coils for use in the next process. It is a necessary equipment for precision cutting of metal strips in the transformer, motor industry and other metal strips.
Types of Slitting Line
1. According to the thickness of the slitting plate, it is divided into thin plate slitting line (processing thickness 0.1-3.0mm) and thick plate slitting line (processing thickness 3.0-6.0mm).
2. According to the slitting metal material, it can be divided into copper strip slitting line, stainless steel slitting line, cold plate slitting line, silicon steel slitting line, and tinplate slitting line.
Main Technical Parameters of Metal Coil Slitting Line
Generally speaking, slitting lines are non-standard products, which are designed and manufactured in accordance with customer requirements.
The following takes the typical silicon steel sheet slitting line XH1250ZS6 in the sheet metal slitting line as an example: (specific load, number of slits, linear speed, section uniformity, slit width, straightness… etc. Values can
be based on needs. (Depending on requirements)
1. Shearing material: silicon steel sheet
2. Cutting material width: 1250mm
3. Cutting material thickness: 0.15～0.5mm
4. The maximum diameter of the coil: Φ1800mm
5. Scope of unwinding expansion and contraction:
6. The maximum weight of the coil: 7T
7. Maximum cutting speed: 200m/min
8. S degree error: ≤0.05mm
9. Cutting edge burr: ≤0.02mm
CNC Slitting Line Process flow
Loading trolley → unwinding of the upper uncoiling machine → discharge rack → uncoiling storage pit → circular shear slitting → scrap collecting mechanism → transition frame → tension mechanism → winding machine →
unloading trolley → hydraulic components → electrical Control system → pneumatic components.
Metal Coils Slitting Line Operating Instructions
1. The operator should be familiar with the components of the Slitting Machine and the structure, performance, correct operation and mutual cooperation and coordination of each part.
2. The operator should be familiar with the grades, specifications, properties and uses of silicon steel sheets, and should master the selection of tool materials, performance and sharpening, and the method of adjusting the tool.
3. The operator should calculate the required materials according to the production demand, reasonably discharge the materials, adjust the surplus and deficiency, and minimize the waste of the corners.
4. Adjust the blade distance according to the width of the blade, and after sharpening, ensure that the blade angle is correct, the blade edge is sharp, and the blade distance meets the requirements.
5. When rolling up, due to the cooperation of many people, it is necessary to unify command and coordinate, beware of collision and extrusion injury, and ensure the safety of materials, equipment and personal.
6. When rewinding, the rewinding is required to be neat, and the rewinding and unwinding should be coordinated, and the silicon steel sheet should not be scratched on the painted surface and section.
7. Before starting the Slitting Line, check whether the equipment on the entire line is faulty, and try to cut about one meter to check whether the width and burrs meet the requirements. Then you can roll and cut continuously.
8. During cutting, do not touch the moving strips by hand to prevent cuts, pay attention to the operation of the Slitting Line, correct various abnormal phenomena in time, and stop for adjustment if necessary.
9. Before leaving get off work, clean up the leftover materials, unload the opened rolls, put them on the material rack, and implement anti-rust and moisture-proof measures, requiring all kinds of roll materials to be placed neatly.
10. The equipment should be clean, lubricated, complete and reliable. After the work is finished, cut off the power immediately.
Common faults and elimination measures of Steel Coils Slitting Line
Abnormal shape of coil
Phenomenon: After the slit is removed from the winder, the coil is oval.
Reason: Insufficient tension during winding.
Countermeasure: Increase the tension.
2.The edge of the steel coil is uneven
- Insufficient tension causes uneven collection of materials.
Reason: The tension is too small at the beginning of the winding, and the tension is too high before the end of the winding, and the edge is most likely to be uneven.
Countermeasures: Increase the tension at the beginning, and appropriately reduce the tension before the end.
- Steel Coils Slitting Line Uneven winding tension causes uneven winding.
Reason: The board head is not aligned or is not aligned when inserted into the jaws of the winder,
Countermeasures: Cut off the material head with a straight shear to make it a right angle, and ensure that the two ends of the material are parallel when entering the jaws of the winder.
- The position of the steel sheet head inserted into the jaws of the winder is not correct, which causes uneven collection
Reason: When the position of the separation disc in front of the tensioner, the feed pressure head, the position of the upper separation disc, and the position where the steel plate material head is inserted into the jaws of the winder are inconsistent, the change in the left and right tension of the steel plate will cause uneven collection. .
Countermeasures: Ensure that the positions of the three are basically the same.
- If the steel plate in the buffer pool shakes from side to side, it will cause uneven collection.
Reason: If the steel plate in the buffer tank shakes from side to side, the angle of entering the tensioner will be different, resulting in uneven collection.
Countermeasures: add pressure rollers in front of the two sets of separation discs in front of the tensioner to prevent shaking and make them move horizontally.
into the tensioner.
- Frequent parking causes uneven collection of materials.
Reason: When stopping or starting, there is no tension between the tensioner and the winder, and the contact with the inner steel plate
The pressure is reduced, and the sheet material is easily offset from the inner layer.
Solution: Stop as little as possible. In addition, it can also play a certain improvement role to always press the material distribution head on the coil material.
3. The tractor does not match the speed of the Slitting Line
Possible reasons: The upper and lower photoelectric switches in the buffer pool between the tractor and the slitting machine are abnormal, check the switch status;
The processing sheet is too thin or the sheet oil is too much, the tractor and the sheet slip, increase the pressure of the traction roller, and slow down the acceleration and deceleration time of the traction roller;
The Steel Coils Slitting Machine speed detection element is abnormally connected to the Steel Coils Slitting Line, check the display of the speed meter of the entire line when it is manually operated. Whether it is consistent with the actual speed of the Slitting Line;
The tractor speed detection element is abnormally connected to the tractor, check whether the speed of the tractor is consistent with the actual speed during manual operation (monitored by PLC);
The wiring of the speed command signal of the tractor is abnormal, check the wiring;
Slitting Machine speed command signal wiring is abnormal, check the wiring.
4. Winder does not match Metal Coils Slitting Line speed
Possible reasons: The upper and lower photoelectric switches in the buffer pool between the winder and the Steel Coils Slitting Machine are abnormal, check the switch status;
When rewinding, the speed measuring roll is not synchronized with the sheet material, and cannot truly reflect the linear speed of the winder. Observe whether the roll slip and the sheet slip during rewinding;
The Coils Slitting Machine speed detection element is abnormally connected to the slitting machine, check whether the display of the speedometer of the whole line is consistent with the actual speed of the slitting machine when it is manually operated;
The connection between the speed detection element of the winder and the speed measuring roller is abnormal, check the wiring;
The wiring of the speed command signal of the winder is abnormal, check the wiring;
Slitting Machine speed command signal wiring is abnormal, check the wiring.